Lookie Lookie ~ Findy Findy

Monday 21 September 2009

Day One......First Blog......here's where the fun begins!

Hi All!

So, this is day one, my first blog, and hopefully where all the fun begins!

Firstly, a little about me.........I graduated university in 2001 with a BA(Hons) degree in Surface Pattern Decoration for Textiles , and since then I have worked in a restaurant (working my way up from a waitress to a branch manager), and more recently in accounts for our own Letting Agency business.....which we sold in 2008.

I have decided to set up a small business working from home (with a little nudge from a friend), and have pulled out my sewing machine from where it has been hiding since our house move in March and started rebuilding my fabric & buttons collection.

I am currently crafting items for a gift shop which is due to open in our village, these include fabric tote bags, presonalised kiddies aprons, personalised kiddies gym/ pump bags, cushions, make up bags, pram shoes........and handmade cards, which is another of my passions. I am hoping to get my own website underway soon - as soon as I have built up enough stock to advertise my wares......

So, I am hoping to be busy enough to earn a little bit of extra money, and to allow me to stay at home during the week to look after my not so terrible two year old.....wish me luck!

I'll be updating here with my progress and photos of my work - as well as any links to tutorials which I have tried & tested or simply think are 'awesome'!

TTFN

Em :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment